“When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 The old habits and character traits that marked your life before Christ are passing away. He is making you entirely new!
STEPS TO FOLLOW
1. Allow the Holy Spirit (God’s Spirit) to work in and through you. “…He shall guide you into all truth…” John 16:13 “Jesus said, ‘I will ask the Father and He will give you another comforter (helper).” John 14:16
2. Read God’s Word. As much as we need daily food to nourish us physically, we need spiritual nourishment also. “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Matthew 14:16
3. Talk to God. Now that you belong to Him, do not hesitate to talk with Him daily. “And we are sure of this, that He will listen to us whenever we ask Him for anything in line with His will.” 1 John 5:14
4. Get involved with God’s people. You are special and unique, created with gifts and talents that are needed in God’s kingdom. “Yes, the body has many parts, not just one part.” 1 Corinthians 12:14
5. Guard yourself against temptation. We do have an enemy. He is called the Devil, or Satan. Now that you have given your life over to God, he (the devil) will come to tempt you to change your mind. Guard yourself! “Give yourself humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you… draw close to God, God will draw close to you.” James 4:7-8 “Be careful- watch out for attacks from Satan, your great enemy. He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion looking for some victim to tear apart. Stand firm when he attacks. Trust the Lord…” 1 Peter 5:8-9
6. Rejoice! You belong to God. You are His child and in His family! You will always be in His presence. Jesus is coming back for all His children! “…I will come again and receive you to Myself…” John 14:3